You want the independence and the power that being a business owner provides, but what you don't have is a significant amount of startup money to make it happen.
(article continues below)
That's okay because there are some low-cost business startup ideas that you can use to make your dreams of becoming a business owner a reality.
Here are some startup business ideas that may help you achieve your dreams:
1. Freelance writer – This is a work at home business that enables you to do such tasks as write resumes, website content, newsletters, brochures, technical pieces, editing and proofreading, ghost writing, e-book writing, and much more. Other businesses need someone to do their writing for them because they simply don't have time.
2. Food business – This is another home business that you can get into if you love to do such things as bake, cater, can foods on your own, or operate a kiosk at a flea market or even a shopping mall.
3. Administrative – The work at home business is a business that many are becoming involved. These include starting a virtual assistant company, bookkeeping, personal assistant, translation, typing services, and medical transcription are growing in popularity.
4. Anything dealing with kids – You can become a party planner, start a daycare, operate a tutoring service, be a kid's fitness instructor, or operate a "kid cab" to shuttle kids back and forth between home and activities.
5. An Internet business – Here is another at home business that you can operate – one as an eBay trader. You can do your own trades and even charge a fee to others to sell their items for them. You can also open an online store without needing a physical storefront, be a web designer, operate a referral service, or do research for people looking for certain pieces of information or items they can't find anywhere else.
6. Make your hobby a business – If you like to sew, make clothes. You can also sell paintings, create greeting cards, run an alteration service, or design costumes.
7. Anything dealing with pets – If you love animals you can start a grooming service, a dog walking service, run a doggie daycare, or be a dog trainer.
8. Physical labor – If you love gardening and/or landscaping, you can start a landscaping or gardening service. You can be a house painter, provide janitorial services, a carpet cleaning service, a repair service, window washing, or a general contractor.
As you can see there are many startup ideas that do not require a lot of money to make you a business owner. You can also use your imagination. Simply take what you are good at and apply it to a business idea. When you do this, you can do something that you enjoy and make it profitable for you. Over time you can even make it grow into the primary way in which you make your living.
All you have to do is take the leap and not waste any type. Don't just think about what you want to do – do it.