Microsoft Development Tools
Microsoft Expression Studio
Want to create rich user experiences and do it fast? Microsoft Expression is a family of tools that help professional designers build web/Windows client applications and create rich media content for business use.
Business application developers need all the tools they can get.
The pace of business today requires development resources with the flexibility and speed to churn out apps at a blistering rate - without sacrificing the integrity or performance of the end products.
Even more, the most effective resources have features that facilitate collaborative workflows between developers and designers. Just like you, your business applications not only have to perform at a high level - they have to look good doing it.
Microsoft Expression Studio is a widely-respected business development and design platform. In 2010, Microsoft released its latest version, Expression Studio 4, with important upgrades and user features. If development and design are an important part of your company, here are some of the features you'll find in Microsoft Expression Studio and its version 4 release.
Expression Studio Components & Features
- Expression Studio Ultimate. Ultimate is Studio's most comprehensive product offering. It gives developers and designers the tools they need to collaborate on desktop, web-based and encoded applications. Software components include Expression Blend, Expression Web, Expression Encoder Pro and Expression Design.
- Expression Studio Web Professional. The Web Professional package includes three applications: Expression Web, Encoder and Design. These software assets give developers and designers the ability to create and embed high quality visual/multimedia elements into web builds and online applications.
- Expression Encoder Pro. Encoder Pro enables the encoding of videos for devices & the Internet, Silverlight video with customizable templates, PC screen captures and IIS Smooth Streaming for live events.
Expression Studio 4 Enhancements
- Seamless flow. Studio 4 streamlines developer-designer workflows to allow for the quick conversion of ideas into innovative applications, simplifying the creation of apps for Silverlight and mobile devices.
- Improved site creation. Advanced visual diagnostics and speed browser testing capabilities improve Studio's ability to build and deploy websites.
- Video publishing. Studio users can now encode a variety of video file formats including VC-1 and H.264.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs