Multimedia Projector Vendors
Not sure how to start shopping for a small business multimedia projector? Vendors count when it comes to business projectors and you'll need to know how to identify dealers who offer products that are worth your investment.
A multimedia projector is a non-intuitive business purchase.
Selecting a new projector sounds straightforward. But when they enter the marketplace, owners quickly realize the difficulties involved with navigating a complex maze of brands, models and dealers.
The business multimedia projector marketplace is filled with quality products as well as cheap knockoffs. The key to identifying a quality projector vendor or manufacturer is to do your research. At a minimum, you'll want to make sure your vendor meets a handful of basic criteria before you purchase their product.
- Reputation. The best business multimedia projector vendors have a reputation for selling quality products. Brand recognition is important -- if an unknown manufacturer is offering a product at a price point that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Although you may spend a little more, hold out for a manufacturer with a reputation for first-rate projection solutions.
- Reliability. Reliability is an essential factor in a multimedia projector purchase. The last thing you need is for your projector to break down right before an important presentation. Get in the habit of asking other presenters about their projectors and whether or not they have experienced any problems with the brand.
- Compatibility. Compatibility is another important issue. It doesn't make any difference whether you will be taking your projector on the road or permanently installing it in a facility -- if a vendor can't provide assurances that it will be compatible with your hardware and/or network, it may have little limited (or no) value after you put it into service.
- Service. Like any other piece of technology, multimedia projectors periodically require maintenance and repair service. Your vendor should be able to service the projector and provide replacement bulbs in a very short timeframe.
- Features. When you're evaluating projector vendors and dealers, available features are a big part of the selection process. Don't let yourself become blinded by peripheral features that don't add any real value to your presentations. A dependable projector with fewer features is always preferable to an unproven product that promises a full range of bells and whistles.
- Cost. Clearly you will want to make sure that the vendor's prices are reasonable and within range of similar offerings. At the same time, avoid settling for the cheapest product solely on a cost basis. Strike a balance between cost, quality and reliability.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs