Small Business Startup News
Google Launches Microsite For Global Entrepreneurs
Written by Tim Morral
Google for Entrepreneurs supports small businesses with programs and partnerships for entrepreneurs around the world.
Google recently announced the launch of "Google for Entrepreneurs", a microsite designed to support global entrepreneurs with programs for startups and other resources for small business owners.
According to Google, the focus of Google for Entrepreneurs is threefold:
- Partnerships with organizations that assist entrepreneurs in local communities
- Programs that bring Google tools and teams to entrepreneurs
- Connecting startup entrepreneurs with Google tools to help them build their companies
Rather than directly providing programs for individuals interested in starting a company, Google's new initiative is designed to aggregate current programs in a single site. Some of the programs and partners featured on the site include:
- Startup Weekends. 54-hour events where would-be entrepreneurs come together to launch new startups.
- 1871. A Chicago co- working space that provides startups with programming, educational resources and connections to other entrepreneurs.
- NewME Accelerator. A 12-week program to support minority-led startups in the tech industry.
- Umbono. A tech startup incubator located in South Africa.
- Eleven. An accelerator program in Bulgaria that is designed to support startups across eastern Europe.
- Global K-Startup. A startup competition for Korean entrepreneurs.
If you haven't experimented with Google ads and your business yet, the launch of Google for Entrepreneurs may offer a unique opportunity. As part of its Startup America Partnership, Google is giving participating companies an additional $1,000 in AdWords credit for every $1,000 of AdWords purchased.
Share this article
About Our Small Business News
If you liked this small business news article, you can find other breaking news for entrepreneurs on our site. We cover current news stories for business owners. In addition to breaking news for entrepreneurs, we also have tons of how-to articles that cover common small business challenges like getting business loans, preparing a marketing plan, getting publicity and much more.
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs