Small Business Owners Overwhelmingly Support Comprehensive Immigration Reform
Written by Tim Morral
New poll shows that three out of four entrepreneurs support pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers.
Immigration reform is a top-of-mind issue for many Americans, including the nation's small business owners--many of whom have firsthand experience in hiring foreign workers.
In a new poll announced by the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a majority of small business owners support sweeping changes in U.S. immigration policy. Released by the Small Business Majority, the poll reveals employers' opinions about immigration reform proposals, a pathway to citizenship, worker permits and the role foreign labor plays in the U.S. economy.
Highlights of poll results include:
- 90 percent of small business owners believe our current immigration system isn't working.
- Three out of four respondents support a pathway to citizenship for undocumented workers.
- 75 percent of small business owners feel that major economic benefits could be achieved through comprehensive immigration reform.
- Approximately three-quarters of respondents (74%) want the government to make it easier for high-skilled workers to enter the country.
- 64 percent of entrepreneurs think we should make it easier for low-skilled workers to enter the country.
"The United States is a global leader in fostering entrepreneurship and attracting the world's best talent. We are confident the results of this poll will further highlight the economic benefits of immigration reform and prove that our nation's business community is strongly in favor of a bipartisan solution," said USHCC President & CEO Javier Palomarez. "Ill-conceived anti-immigration laws are not only bad for immigrants, but are proven to have detrimental effects on local economies."
For more information about the results of the survey, visit the Small Business Majority website.
Have Friends Who Might Like This Article?
Share this on Twitter
Let them know on LinkedIn
Ready to Learn More? We Think You Might Like These Articles:
About Our Small Business News
If you liked this small business news article, you can find plenty more like it on our site. We cover important news stories for entrepreneurs. In addition to breaking news for entrepreneurs, we also have tons of how-to articles that cover topics like writing a business plan, preparing a marketing plan, working with family members and much more.