There are a lot of truly useful resources available for small business owners who are also US veterans.
(article continues below)
Here's our list of 10 great resources for veteran entrepreneurs.
- VetBiz.gov – VetBiz.gov is the Veteran Affairs Administration portal for veteran entrepreneurs. It contains links and referrals to the information you will need to navigate the resources the federal government provides for veteran small business owners.
- Office of Veteran's Business Development (SBA) – The Small Business Administration has an entire department dedicated to the needs of veteran entrepreneurs and the SBA's collaborative partnerships with the Veterans Affairs Bureau.
- Veteranscorp.org – VeteransCorp.org was established by Congress and works to promote the interests of veteran-owned small businesses in the public arena. They also provide tons of tools for entrepreneurs who are also veterans.
- Veteran's Employment & Training Service (Dept. of Labor) – Sponsored by the US Department of Labor, this service provides resources that "assist and prepare (veterans) to obtain meaningful careers, maximize their employment opportunities, and protect their employment rights."
- Directory of Veterans Service Organization (Dept. of Veterans Affairs) – If you're looking for a one-stop source for the various programs and service opportunities that are available to vets and veteran entrepreneurs, this is the place to go.
- Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loan (SBA) – MREIDL is an emergency loan program for small business-owning reservists who have been called up to active duty.
- Central Contractor Registration (SBA) – The CCR site is the place you will need to register if you plan to bid on federal contracts. As a US veteran, it is highly recommended that you complete CCR registration so you can qualify to take advantage of veteran-based hiring mandates.
- Patriot Express Pilot Loan Initiative (SBA) – Veteran-owned companies qualify for this SBA program that provides financing to start or expand their businesses.
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Initiative – Service-disabled veterans qualify for even more federal benefits. This site contains pretty much everything you need to know.
- National Veteran Small Business Conference & Expo – Annual conference for veteran entrepreneurs.