Resources for LGBTQ Entrepreneurs
Help for Gay Entrepreneurs
Looking for resources for gay entrepreneurs? Although statistics on GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender) entrepreneurship are scare, there are without a doubt tens of millions of GLBT entrepreneurs out there on our fine planet.
While making a huge contribution to the global economy and their local communities, gay and lesbian entrepreneurs struggle with many of the same challenges faced by other business owners, as well as a few entrepreneurial challenges that are unique to the GLBT community.
We've started to assemble a comprehensive list of resources for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender entrepreneurs. We are constantly updating our list of gay and lesbian networking organizations and entrepreneurial programs for the gay and lesbian community. If we are missing a good resource, please let us know.
Resources for Gay and Lesbian Entrepreneurs
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce - The NGLCC represents the interests of an estimated 800,000 to 1.4 million LGBT owned businesses. Through its network of 45 based chambers and business organizations as well as 9 internationally, the NGLCC is the largest business development and economic advocacy organization in the world.
- BEQ Pride - BEQ Pride is a business-focused publication catering to Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Queer plus (LGBTQ+) and same-gender-loving (SGL) entrepreneurs. It is published by The Business Equality Network (BEQ), which is committed to reaching and empowering LGBTQ, women, minority and other underrepresented, underserved and underutilized business communities.
- StartOut - StartOut is an organization dedicated to fostering and developing entrepreneurship in the gay and lesbian community. It provides education, access to funding, networking opportunities and mentorship for LGBT entrepreneurs.
- Lesbians Who Tech - Lesbians Who Tech is a community of LGBTQ women, non-binary and trans individuals in the tech industry. A very warm and welcoming community for LGBTQ tech entrepreneurs.
- Greater Houston LGBT Chamber - The Greater Houston LGBT Chamber is focused on economic empowerment for LGBTQ entrepreneurs. They bring together LGBTQ-owned and LGBTQ-friendly businessees and offer a number of valuable benefits to their members.
- Great Seattle Business Association - If you live near Seattle, join GSBA. Their mission is to expand economic opportunities for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community.
- Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce - The Nashville LGBT Chamber supports LGBT business interests and represents over 400+ businesses, community groups, and individuals in Nashville and the surrounding area.
- Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce - The Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Chamber is a strong advocate for the Los Angeles Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual,Transgender and Questioning business communities.
- Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce - The Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce welcomes Wisconsin gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and LGBT-allied businesses, corporations and professionals to build a strong pro-fairness business community.
- Reaching Out - This organization is focused on helping LGBTQ MBA students and offers a wide array of resources and events.
- Central Florida Pride Chamber - The Pride Chamber serves as a resource for Central Florida's LGBT-owned businesses, community members, and allies.
- Tampa Bay LGBT Chamber - Based in St. Petersburg, Florida and serving seven Florida counties, the Tampa Bay LGBTQ Chamber works to advance the economic prospects of LGBT and allied businesses.
Resources last update on September 25, 2020.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs