Resources for Women Entrepreneurs
Help for Women Entrepreneurs
Help for women entrepreneurs has never been so abundant. Female entrepreneurs will enjoy our lengthy list of resources for women entrepreneurs. We frequently update this list of women-owned venture capital firms, networking organizations for female business owners, and other entrepreneurial resources for women.
Women entrepreneurs barely merit special treatment these days.
There are 9.1 million women-owned businesses in the United States, and they employ 27.5 million people. Together, women-owned businesses contribute over $3.6 trillion to the economy each and every year.
Still, if you are a woman starting a business or growing an existing business, there are many resources for women entrepreneurs that you can tap into.
This is a comprehensive list of resources for female entrepreneurs. We are constantly updating our list of female networking organizations and entrepreneurial programs for women. If we are missing a good resource, please let us know.
Entrepreneurial Resources for Women
- MyBiz for Women - A Small Business Administration microsite dedicated to assisting female entrepreneurs. Provides perspective on issues important to women business owners, their business and their community.
- SBA Office of Women's Business Ownership - Established in 1979, this department within the SBA enables and empowers women entrepreneurs through advocacy, outreach, education and support.
- SCORE on Women - SCORE has assembled a great list of links to useful Web sites for women entrepreneurs.
- Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program - The US government has a goal of increasing the number of federal contracts issued to women-owned small businesses. Get certified as a women-owned small business.
- Women's Business Center (Chicago) - The WBDC is one of the first women's business assistance centers established in the U.S. and has assisted in the formation of 14 additional women's business assistance centers in six states.
- Women's Small Business Research - Looking for research on women-owned businesses? The Office of Advocacy offers extensive economic research on female-owned businesses.
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) - The Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), founded in 1997, is the nation's leading advocate of women-owned businesses as suppliers to America's corporations.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs