ClearWiki Business Wiki Review
You've heard about the benefits wiki technology can give your small business. But launching a business wiki can be challenging, especially if your business lacks a full-blown IT department. Now ClearWiki offers a straightforward wiki solution for any small business.
Wiki technology combines the power of an online content management system with a collaborative and easy-to-use system.
Since wiki technology is designed for the average person, small businesses can use it not only for contact management, but also as a way to encourage collaborative processes within the company.
But despite its benefits for smaller organizations, many business owners are hesitant to use it because they lack the technical proficiency to set up wiki pages in their business. This is especially true for companies that lack an IT department. ClearWiki solves this problem by providing private hosted wikis for businesses.
There are a number of ways in which ClearWiki is different from most traditional CMS systems and typical wikis. Here's what to expect from this turnkey wiki solution for small businesses.
- Structure. ClearWiki prides itself on the fact that it offers more structure than typical wikis. While most wikis have no clear structure, ClearWiki offers structured content with pages that are organized hierarchically and auto-generated site maps.
- Navigation. ClearWiki goes the extra mile to make sure that average users can quickly and easily navigate the system. Using pop-up links and other features, ClearWiki creates intuitive connections to peer pages and other content that has been uploaded to the database.
- Searchability. Users have the ability to search across all of the company's wiki content, including documents that have been uploaded directly to the site. Their search feature also uses word-stemming to suggest other phrases to be searched.
- Knowledge management. ClearWiki gives users the ability to label content as it is being created and provides users with the ability to view a label cloud to view all labeled items.
- Security. Content security is a major issue in wiki. ClearWiki stores your data in its own unique database to minimize the possibility of unauthorized access. Backup options, data encryption and auto-saving features further protect your content.
- Cost. ClearWiki is an affordable alternative to traditional content management systems. Clients pay only for the features and storage capacity they need. The minimum term of service is one month and you can choose to be billed monthly, annually or through a one-time, fixed term payment.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs