Shopping for a new business copier is a hassle.
But with so many available features in the marketplace, you can't afford to settle for a cantankerous office copier that produces simple black and white copies on a page-by-page basis.
The digital copier industry is transforming the way small and medium-sized companies approach document handling. To meet the demands of smaller firms, digital copier vendors offer affordable pricing plans – and an abundance of features that simplify the process of creating high quality business documents.
- Automatic document feed. If you don't have it now, Automatic Document Feed (ADF) is one of those features you will wonder how you ever lived without. Instead of lifting the copier cover to reproduce images one page of time, you simply place a stack of documents in the feeder and the copier does the rest.
- Copy management. Tasks like stapling, collating and folding aren't a big deal for a couple of copies. But when you're doing a large job, it's nice to know that you or your assistant won't have to spend hours assembling the output.
- Color/black & white toggling. Although you can purchase black and white only digital copiers, most businesses opt for color models. Since the cost of color copies tend to run higher than the cost of black and white, many digital copiers come with a cost-saving option of toggling back and forth between the two.
- Paper supply. Standard 8.5 x 11 paper will probably continue to be your go-to paper choice. However, sometimes jobs will require alternate paper weights and sizes. A good digital copier comes with multiple paper supply trays so you won't have to reload your paper supply for common paper requirements.
- Network capabilities. The most significant advantage digital copiers offer is network capability. Digital copiers are usually routed through a network server, making them available to any employee who is on the network. The result is that every worker in your office can have the ability to print, copy, fax and scan directly from their workstation. If your copier has advanced features like stapling or folding, employees can even perform document handling tasks without ever leaving their desk.
- Secure user codes. User code features mean that you can track your usage by department or individual. If you are concerned about a high volume of color copying, you may also have the ability to block certain users from using your copier's color copying feature.