A fast-paced medical practice is not an environment that is well-suited for risk.
Yet every day, physicians put their practices at risk by failing to adopt technological solutions that focus on the business side of practice management. Medical billing software is a great start – but to be effective, you need to find the right solution as well as the right platform for your practice.
MPMSoft medical billing software has more than enough firepower for the average medical practice. Unlike other medical billing solutions, it is a desktop application that is designed exclusively for Windows operating systems. Many practices find that the native Windows environment is especially helpful in promoting buy-in from office personnel.
The costs associated with MPMSoft billing software are generally lower than high-end medical practice solutions. A single user license set-up costs around $3,000 and a three-user license comes in at around $4,000. There are additional costs for support, upgrades and clearinghouse fees. Although MPMSoft has the same functionality as other billing solutions, there are a few exceptional features you should know about.
- Quick setup. MPMSoft assures its clients that system set-up can be executed in less than one hour. Additionally, patient records can be created in one minute or less and insurance claims can be filed with a single mouse click.
- User definable features. User-defined features are key elements in tailoring a billing solution to your practice. MPMSoft allows you to define fields for scheduling, statements, fee rates, payments, adjustments and other areas.
- Healthcare specialties. Some billing solutions are geared toward a select few healthcare specialties, but not MPMSoft. Instead, the MPMSoft medical billing application can be customized for more than 50 health specialties. From chiropractors to general practitioners, medical professionals from a broad range of fields find that MPMSoft is flexible enough to accommodate their billing requirements.
- CMS-1500/HIPAA compliance. MPMSoft billing procedures are designed to meet compliance standards for CMS-1500 and HIPAA. It includes five levels of security and gives you the ability to either print CMS-1500 forms or send them electronically.
- Data migration. Data migration is an important consideration, especially if you have been using a different medical billing solution. For an additional of $600 to $2,200, MPMSoft will migrate patient and billing data from your previous billing application database into your MPMSoft system.