Microsoft Development Tools
Microsoft .NET Framework
The .NET Framework is Microsoft's comprehensive programming model for building applications. With support for a wide variety of programming languages and streamlined development and deployment, it's a development environment that has become very popular with developers.
Many platforms promise speed, reliability and ease-of-use, few are capable of delivering the real world benefits they claim to provide.
Microsoft's .NET framework stands out as a software framework that has widespread benefits for business developers. .NET framework includes a comprehensive library of coded solutions for Windows operating systems and a virtual machine that deftly handles the execution of applications that have been created for the framework. With an emphasis on usability, appearance and security, the .NET framework is a stable programming model that is as versatile as you need it to be.
- Multi-language capabilities. .NET is a multi-language development platform so you can choose to build in your preferred development language. Common Language Runtime (CLR) supports static languages like Visual Basic and Visual C#, while Dynamic Language Runtime (DLR) handles Managed Jscript, IronRuby and IronPython.
- Web app development. ASP.NET and AJAX features give developers the resources necessary to build interactive and personalized Internet applications that are suited for use in the most common browser environments.
- Business processes. Windows' Workflow Foundation (WF) models business processes with code. This dramatically improves collaborative workflows between developers and business process owners, and delivers increased data access for end-users.
- Security & stability. Windows' Communication Foundation (WCF) kicks open the door to web services architecture with capabilities for spanning transports, security systems, messaging patterns, encodings, network topologies, and hosting models.
- User benefits. Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) merges user interfaces, documents and media content into appealing Windows applications. .NET framework supports various graphic and visualization features as well as Silverlight for media-rich, interactive user experiences.
- Data access. The .NET framework offers multiple data access options for developers and end users. The framework is capable of handling data access with ADO.NET, ADO.NET Entity Framework and ADO.NET Data Services.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs