E-Commerce and Retail Software
Miva Merchant Shopping Cart Software
Looking for an easy-to-use e-commerce solution? Miva Merchant shopping cart software could be what you're looking for. Here's what you need to know about this hosted online storefront solution.
Many small business owners are meticulous about their physical storefronts, but don't put much thought into the features they require in an e-commerce solution.
Miva Merchant offers a broad range of features that equip e-merchants to do business online.
Modules are at the heart of Miva Merchant's value proposition. Instead of purchasing a complete, web-based solution right out of the gate, Miva Merchant lets you add modules as you need them. Some modules are necessary for basic functions, while others can be added on at a later date.
Although it's important for you to perform your own research and evaluation before settling on an e-commerce solution, here are some of the features and benefits Miva Merchant promises its small business clients.
- Site design. Like other shopping cart providers, Miva Merchant offers design templates and a setup wizard to accelerate the site setup process. Their design skins feature proven designs for many different types of online retailers. You can choose either predefined or custom page options and have point-and-click layout control over all of your storefront's design elements.
- Site administration. Miva Merchant is web-based so you won't have to install any software on your computer in order to administrate your storefront. Miva Merchant also offers versioning histories and tools that let you quickly revert to a previous site design.
- Catalog & inventory management. Your Miva Merchant site can contain an unlimited number of products, categories and subcategories. Product descriptions and fields can be easily added to each product. Inventory management tools include low stock notifications, non-viewable out-of-stock items and other features.
- Order processing. Every order that is placed through your Miva Merchant online store account will include customer information, payment & shipping methods, and product details. Your orders can be processed remotely through a payment gateway with state-based tax and U.S./European currency conversion handled by Miva Merchant. Customers automatically receive an email confirmation of their order and shipping status.
- Shipping. Miva Merchant automatically generates shipping rates from the major carriers including UPS, USPS and FedEx. You can also create custom shipping rates based on quantity, order total, order weight and other criteria.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs