Best Franchise Opportunities For 2014
Written by Tim Morral
Interested in franchising? Franchising insiders identify five of the hottest franchise opportunities for 2014.
There are a lot of reasons why franchising is an appealing option for entrepreneurs. A proven business model, corporate support, brand recognition--these and other advantages can make a big difference for new small business owners.
But the decision to become a franchisee is just the beginning. One of the most important decisions prospective franchisees make involves evaluating franchise opportunities and selecting the right franchise. Recently, FranchiseHelp.com reported the Guidant Financial Group's picks for the hottest franchise opportunities in 2014.
- 1. Painting with a Twist. Painting with a Twist offers painting parties in an atmosphere of fun, friendship and wine. An outgrowth of a successful standalone business, the franchise currently has 106 locations and is rapidly expanding to bring social art instruction to communities throughout the country.
- 2. School of Rock. Remember the School of Rock movie with Jack Black? This franchise is exactly what you think it is--a kid-centered business that brings rock-based music education to the masses. There are now more than 100 Schools of Rock throughout the U.S. with more than 10,000 kids enrolled around the world.
- 3. Liberty Tax Service. Liberty Tax Service made both Entrepreneur's "Fastest Growing Franchises" and Forbes' "Top Ten Franchises for the Buck" lists. With more than 4,000 locations in the U.S., this franchise is among the best franchise opportunities this year.
- 4. ShelfGenie. ShelfGenie designs and installs custom shelving (including its trademarked "Glide-Out" shelves) through more than 123 franchise locations in the U.S. As the franchise rapidly expands, there are plenty of opportunities for entrepreneurs to cash in on Americans' need for more shelf space.
- 5. HUMAN Healthy Vending. Recognized as one of "America's Most Promising Companies" by Forbes and one of the "100 Brilliant Companies" of 2011 by Entrepreneur, HUMAN Healthy Vending is surfing the wave of healthy food alternatives, and presenting great opportunities for new franchise owners to tap into the healthy living marketplace.
Share this article
About Our Small Business News
Our reporters give you breaking news that focuses on what entrepreneurs want and need to know. Our coverage is dedicated to helping you to start and grow your business.
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs