Remote Connectivity Software
Symantec pcAnywhere Review
Symantec pcAnywhere, one of the first remote computer access software solutions, is still going strong. Backed by an established business solutions brand, pcAnywhere may be the perfect application for folks who want remote computer control.
Reliable access to business data and applications is essential if you want to succeed in today's business world.
Unlike the old days, tomorrow is too late - your team needs convenient access to their technology and they need it now.
Remote connectivity software solutions have arisen to meet the needs of the mobile workplace. Symantec, a leader in technological business solutions, has joined the chorus with pcAnywhere remote desktop software. pcAnywhere can be delivered via an installed or thin-hosted platform. It offers a broad range of benefits and features that are a godsend for most small business environments.
But the big question is whether or not Symantec's pcAnywhere is right for your small business environment. To help you make up your mind, we've compiled a brief overview of the benefits and features you can expect from this remote desktop solution.
- Gateway functionality. pcAnywhere utilizes a gateway that facilitates the connection process. This can be a significant benefit because it makes it easier for users to locate hosts, even when the host is hidden behind a corporate firewall or non-public IP address.
- Multi-platform support. Symantec's remote connection solution supports multiple computing platforms and operating systems including Windows, Mac, Linux and Pocket PC. If your workplace is a diverse OS environment, you can't afford to adopt a solution without this benefit.
- Remote troubleshooting. Like other remote desktop solutions, pcAnywhere specializes in creating easy access for technical support personnel. Instead of physically visiting your machine, they can access and fix problems remotely.
- Smart card authentication. pcAnywhere software supports all PC/SC-compliant smart cards and has a native whiteboard feature that is a two-way communication tool for tech support and end users.
- Streamlined file transfer. Forget about transferring files through the network or on a flash drive. pcAnywhere gives users copy and paste control over file transfers and synchronization.
- Multiple session management. Another nice feature of Symantec's pcAnywhere solution is that it provides end users with simplified multi-session management tools. The software has a dedicated management tab with thumbnails of all active sessions and allows users to jump directly from one session to the next.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs