7 Key Areas of Your Internet Marketing Campaign
Written by Jay Shapiro for Gaebler Ventures
While a website is generally seen as the main component of internet marketing, there are other components that can be used effectively. A combination of various techniques makes for the best results. Here we look at 7 of the key factors.
The Internet offers many advantages but its base value is that it allows for global communication and information sharing at low costs.
Internet marketing uses various business models but the seven most effective are what you need to concentrate on: First though let's look at the 4 main areas:
- E-Commerce - This is how goods and/or services get sold directly to the consumer. You will sometimes come across tsuch transactions being called B2C or Business to Consumer. E-commerce also references business to business transactions or B2B.
- Internet publishing - Internet publishing is highly valuable. For example, if you include desirable written content on your blog or website then considerable income flow may be generated from revenue via pertinent advertising. When it comes to web content we often hear it said that Content is King. With the publishing model the statement has relevance. Really good quality content attracts site traffic and advertisers.
- Lead-Based Sites - businesses can create value by gaining leads from their sites. This might be a part of a marketing activities chain that originates somewhere else and culminate in the generation of leads.
- Affiliate Marketing - A process where products and/or services made or provided by one group are sold by active sellers in return for profit shares. The owner usually provides the requisite marketing materials such as sales letters, links and tracking software.
- Internet marketing is used to:
- promote information
- gather data about future prospects and existing clients
- sell products and/or services.
The 7 main factors of an Internet Marketing campaign should be –
- Search Engine Optimization - Method or group of techniques used by web masters to boost search results in support of their sites. Ensuring content on sites is optimized means a better chance of ranking high in searches.
- PPC Marketing - Advertisers costs are calculated in respect of the number of clicks their ads receive. Cost vary and depend on how popular topics and keywords are.
- Social Media Marketing - Online activity in networking environments that allows for exposure, openings and sales transactions.
- Email Marketing - An efficient way to send out info and/ or solicit reactions from customers. Newsletters, mass mail shots and opt in lists come into this bracket.
- Link Building - Creating incoming links to a given site from others. Focus on generating links with a variety of sites, old ones and new, and those with good reputatations.
- Article Marketing - A type of promotion which uses written articles that relate to a specific business. Copy is freely distributed online.
- Ad Placements - Running ads in online locations that relate to the business being promoted. Selecting the right location, having consider the demographic of your target audience is the key to success here.
Jay Shapiro is a freelance writer based in the UK. Jay has a particular interest in the emotive aspects of the entrepreneur's character. "Alongside the nuts and bolts of business, the character of the person is often the ingredient responsible for success."
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs