Our Contributing Authors
Adam Roy is an accomplished writer specializing in business writing and topics of interest to entrepreneurs and small business owners. His own fast-growing small business, Roy Writing, is based in Northbrook, Illinois.
Articles written by Adam Roy
These articles, written by Adam Roy, have been written to help small business owners achieve success in their entrepreneurial ventures. Adam's articles offer tips on everything from public speaking to viral marketing.
- Becoming an Entrepreneur After Years in Big Business - Even the most talented corporate executives often fail when making the switch to fast-growth, startup companies. If you are a big-business executive contemplating starting a business or joining an existing startup, here's some food for thought.
- Business Owner Leisure Time - For entrepreneurs, finding leisure time can often be a difficult task. But if you don't take a break, you may end up breaking your business.
- Buying Stocks Based on the News - Buying stocks based on the news can be an excellent investment strategy. We discuss making smart investment choices based on current events.
- Choosing Your Core Team - Studies show that startups with multiple partners do better than startups with just one founder. As you start your new venture, who will be on your core team?
- Hiring Freelancers - Hiring freelancers is a great option for small business owners who are short on certain skills or are simply short on time. When you hire a freelancer, you pay for their services but you don't have to worry about benefits or payroll taxes. Once the freelancing jobs are complete, you can either part ways or give them additional work.
- Internal Wikis - Wikis have taken the world by storm. Are you leveraging them within your business? You should be.
- Investing in Stocks - Investing in stocks is something that many entrepreneurs enjoy doing, once they've become profitable. We offer a few interesting ideas on how to choose stocks.
- Public Speaking - Public speaking skills are essential if you want to motivate others to help you achieve your vision. Great leaders can talk. Learn how to rally the troops and be a more effective public speaker.
- Recognizing and Avoiding Business Scams - Recognizing and avoiding business scams is easy once you've been indoctrinated into the important art of scam avoidance.
- Running Initial Planning Meetings - Business planning is a valuable skill, but the most important skill you can acquire is to master the art of running initial planning meetings.
- Smart Branding - As you contemplate your branding, here's some marketing advice that will come in handy: smart branding involves tailoring the brand to the customer.
- Technology Marketing in Emerging Markets - Exporting to emerging markets is a big opportunity for smart entrepreneurs. We take a quick look at technology marketing opportunities in emerging markets.
- Viral Marketing - Viral marketing is a highly effective, cost-efficient marketing tactic. We offer some excellent marketing advice on how to market your products and services via viral marketing.
- Workplace Design - Winning workplaces know the value of workplace design. We look at some best practices in designing an effective workplace.
- Writing Business Emails - Wondering how to write effective emails? We offers some excellent tips on writing business emails.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs