Small business software should be powerful, flexible and easy to use.
A software application that has tons of features and an awkward user interface is just as worthless as an application that looks simple but doesn't deliver any real user benefits. Yet many property management solutions fall into one of those two categories. Finding a full-featured property management application with a streamlined user interface and a flexible delivery system isn't easy.
AppFolio combines the best of both worlds in its web-based application designed specifically for property managers. AppFolio describes its offering as a "complete" solution because it enables you to run your entire property management business from a single software system. With more than enough computing power for the average property management firm, here are some of the areas that AppFolio is built to address.
- Custom website. One of the truly unique features of the AppFolio management solution is that you can opt for an integrated custom website. Using professional designs and your own domain name, AppFolio helps you create an SEO-friendly site that lists vacancies and fully integrates with the AppFolio application.
- Online payments. Online rent collection reduces costs and minimizes payment handling requirements. Online ACH payments are automatically recorded by AppFolio and posted to the appropriate accounting ledger.
- Accounting resources. Property management requires specialized accounting functions. AppFolio's accounting system features include general ledger, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement functionality that is built to handle all of your property management accounting needs.
- Management resources. AppFolio has a comprehensive set of management tools that target property management workflows. Users benefit from an owner's portal, email owner statements, universal search, paperless work orders and other innovative features.
- Marketing tools. In addition to a custom website, AppFolio offers additional marketing tools to its clients. You'll have a real-time vacancy dashboard with detailed graphs and metrics, as well as the ability to directly post vacancies on Craigslist.
- Cost scaling. AppFolio is highly affordable for small property management firms. After you pay a one-time setup and data migration fee, the monthly rate is $1 per unit no matter how many features are added to the solution. The custom website and online payment features require an extra setup fee, but no additional monthly expense.