Procurement & Purchasing Software
Bellwether Purchasing Software
Looking for a software solution that offloads manual purchasing and procurement functions? Bellweather purchasing software might have the application you're looking for with its popular ePMX solution package.
Business purchasing is one of the areas that is sometime overlooked as a strategy for improving profitability.
Yet many companies' bottom lines could experience a significant boost from a little extra attention to purchases and procurements.
A robust purchasing software solution increases your chances of realizing a bottom line benefit. The key is to find a solution with the right combination of features and usability, ensuring that you get a total buy-in from your staff and the computing power that is necessary to handle all of your procurement requirements.
Bellwether's ePMX application pays attention to the things that matter to business owners. It integrates nicely with other systems like spreadsheets, databases, inventories, ERPs and accounting applications. It also facilitates the startup process by importing a wide range of data (e.g. vendors, parts, codes) so you don't need to waste time rekeying inputs. Like other procurement packages, it's modular, expandable and customizable. Here are some of the other features to consider in Bellwether ePMX purchasing software.
- Requisitions. Bellwether software takes much of the hassle out of requisitions with the ability to select items from online catalogs or enter them free form. It has multilevel approval routing, budget balance indicators and lets you convert requisitions to POs or RFQs.
- RFQs. Creating RFQs can be time-consuming. ePMX shortens the cycle with features that allow you to select vendors based on user-defined criteria. You can create RFQs from requisitions, view vendor performance and issue formal RFQs with custom forms, emails or faxes.
- Purchasing. Bellwether ePMX purchasing features can generate POs from either requisitions of RFQs and issue POs through both forms and emails. Using the ePMX system, your staff can specify multiple delivery dates, assign project codes and include other details that enhance your purchasing process.
- Receiving. This solution automatically records receipts against POs so you'll always know the current status of your orders. When time is critical, the ePMX system gives you the ability to track back orders and past due POs, and create custom reports for use in the management chain.
- A/P interface. Invoices are automatically matched to POs and receipts. When shipments are received, your staff can automatically generate invoice data and pass approved invoice straight into your accounting and A/P system.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs