A first reaction to the idea of chartering a corporate jet might be that it's wasteful, but in fact there are many real benefits to chartering a jet.
(article continues below)
Benefits of business aircraft include:
- Improve Flexibility. Companies that fly general aviation aircraft for business purposes can control virtually all aspects of their travel plans. Itineraries can be changed instantly, even enroute. If a meeting is running late, the plane will wait. That won't happen with a commercial airline.
- Enhance the Ability to Conduct Business. Business aircraft allow passengers to conduct business enroute in complete privacy while reducing the stresses associated with traveling on commercial carriers. A charter jet is in essence a secure office environment, free from interruptions, distractions or eavesdropping. Strategizing before meetings and debriefing afterwards can be done easily on a corporate jet.
- Increase Efficiency in Travel. Business aircraft can be flown to thousands more destinations than are served by the scheduled airlines. Chartered corporate jets also have the ability to fly nonstop between small close-in airports. This can often eliminate the need to rent a car and go on a long driving trip as part of business travel. The end result? Highly efficient employee time management that becomes a substantial benefit of chartering a jet.
- Boost Employee Morale. Business aircraft allow flexible scheduling , thus minimizing time away from home. Overnight trips often can be avoided. By simplifying business travel for your employees and allowing them to spend more time with the family, you raise employee morale. Then, there's just the sheer status of the employee's being able to tell his friends that he traveled on the corporate jet. That's worth a lot.
- Convey a Positive Image. The arrival and departure of company employees via business aircraft is a signal of a company's wealth and power. It paints the company in a positive light that is appreciated by customers, vendors, investors and others.