The perfect boss day gift? Here are a few tips if you are looking for good gifts for bosses.
(article continues below)
Patricia Haroski, a secretary from Deerfield, Illinois, originated National Boss Day in 1958. Since then, employees have been honoring their bosses once a year.
This year Bosses Day will occur on October 16.
What's a good gift for the boss?
Here are a few things we think your boss will like.
- A Really Nice Pen -- We recommend the Waterman Charleston pen. It's a handsome pen that is both functional and attractive. Waterman is one of the world's oldest pen companies, and its pen convey an instant message of class and refinement.
- A Swiss Army Knife - Your boss will love a sterling silver Swiss Army Knife. It's perfect for the boss who doesn't mind rolling up his leaves and doing some of the work.
- Portable GPS - Is your boss a serious road warrior? If so, get your boss the ultimate traveling companion and guide -- a portable GPS system from Garmin. This is something your boss probably really wants but hasn't had the time to buy yet.
- A Digital Camera - Here's a great digital camera from Kodak that the boss will love. Make sure your boss doesn't already have a digital camera before choosing this gift.
- An Organizer - Here's a way to impress the boss with a nice gift and help them get organized in the process. We like this Franklin Covey organizer. It's perfect for the busy boss who needs to keep tabs on a lot of tasks.