For some types of businesses, a proven appointment-setting system is a revenue lifeline.
A single lapse in the system can result in a missed opportunity to connect with a new or existing customer. Haphazard appointment scheduling processes won't cut it – you need a solution that provides consistent appointment management tools that can be tailored to your operation.
Customer appointment scheduling software relieves the pressure of manual appointment management. ABS and other vendors offer first-rate solutions that combine the convenience of a friendly user interface with the power of a technological productivity tool. If finding a better way to manage your business' appointments is on your to-do list, here are some of the features and benefits you should look for in a customer appointment scheduling software application.
- Open slot identification. A decent solution makes it easy for you to locate available appointment slots by employee or date. Look for applications that don't require you to drill down for availability, but provide single screen overviews of free slots.
- One-time/repeat appointment scheduling. Some businesses (e.g. hair salons) lend themselves to repeat appointments while others (e.g. tax preparation) are more suited to one-time scheduling scenarios. Most software solutions give you the ability to do both.
- Customer tracking. The best appointment scheduling applications function like mini-CRMs and give appointment-setters quick access to customer histories. Although this feature may not be critical for some businesses, for others it can be a mandatory requirement.
- Reports & notifications. Expect your appointment software to have user definable fields that enhance information storage and retrieval. Appointment calendars and other reports in multiple formats (PDF/Word/Excel/HTML) are standard, and a reliable system lets you update your employees by email or PDF.
- Software integration. Many appointment scheduling solutions integrate with QuickBooks or other accounting applications. Sound extravagant? It's not. An integrated scheduling solution will save you significant time and effort when it's time to maintain the books at the end of the week.
- Affordability. Customer appointment scheduling software doesn't have to be expensive. The ABS Customer Appointment Manager 5.0 runs $295 for a single-user license and multi-user licenses begin at $395.