Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs
What are the characteristics of successful entrepreneurs? What traits are necessary for entrepreneurial success? We take a look at a variety of entrepreneur characteristics that seem to be essential.
What does it take to be a successful entrepreneur? Here are ten characteristics of successful entrepreneurs.
If you've got many or all of these traits, your odds of entrepreneurial success are looking good!
- An eye for opportunity: Many entrepreneurs start by finding a need and quickly satisfying it.
- Independence: Even though most entrepreneurs know how to work within the framework for the sake of profits, they enjoy being their own boss.
- An appetite for hard work: Most entrepreneurs start out working long, hard hours with little pay.
- Self-confidence: Entrepreneurs must demonstrate extreme self-confidence in order to cope with all the risks of operating their own business.
- Discipline: Successful entrepreneurs resist the temptation to do what is unimportant or the easiest but have the ability to think through to what is the most essential.
- Judgment: Successful entrepreneurs have the ability to think quickly and make a wise decision.
- Ability to accept change: Change occurs frequently when you own your own business, the entrepreneur thrives on changes and their businesses grow.
- Make stress work for them: On the roller coaster to business success the entrepreneur often copes by focusing on the end result and not the process of getting there.
- Need to achieve: Although they keep an "eye" on profits, this is often secondary to the drive toward personal success.
- Focus on profits: Successful entrepreneurs always have the profit margin in sight and know that their business success is measured by profits. Is this your profile or would you rather do your job, pick up your paycheck and leave the headaches to someone else? Most of us, quite easily, choose the later.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs