HR Information Systems
HR Information System Benefits
The decision to implement human resource software is a smart move for most small businesses. In addition to automating everyday tasks, HR information systems offer a variety of other benefits for owners and managers.
HRIS system solutions specifically address the data entry, data tracking and data information needs of overloaded HR departments.
To keep pace with your company, you need a solution that is flexible, reliable and easy-to-use. An HRIS system that is complicated or not capable of growing with your business simply won't cut it in today's small business environment.
One of the primary benefits you can expect to receive from a robust HRIS system application is reduced administration. In many companies, HR personnel struggle to stay on top of basic recordkeeping and record management instead of focusing on the kinds of strategic tasks that retain a talented and satisfied workforce. HRIS technology maintains data integrity and consistency, while simultaneously maximizing efficiency and reducing the time spent managing your workforce.
But reduced administrative workload isn't the only benefit you can expect to receive from HRIS systems. Here are a few other benefits that are worth considering.
- Greater reporting accuracy. Since you won't be relying on paper or handwritten forms nearly as much, HRIS systems result in greater reporting accuracy. You'll be able to access customized demographic information and other reports with just a few keystrokes.
- Compliance facilitation. HRIS systems also facilitate compliance with EEO and ADA requirements as well as compliance with industry-specific OSHA, HIPAA and ISO 9000 regulatory codes. Although HR personnel will still be responsible for managing compliance processes, HRIS gives them the tools they need to manage compliance requirements.
- Modular approach. The vast majority of HRIS vendors offer products that take a modular approach. Instead of purchasing the entire solution at once, you can pick and choose the modules you need based on evolving HR requirements.
- Payroll services integration. HRIS payroll modules automate payroll management and time tracking. A decent HRIS system is capable of either integrating with your existing payroll service provider or enabling you to transition to an in-house payroll model.
- Career tracking. Small companies who lack extensive HR departments often lose track of their employees' career development. HRIS manages performance reviews, skill development and other information that can be used to improve employee retention.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs