Wondering how to start a wholesale valves and fittings business? We take you step-by-step from start to success.
(article continues below)
Characteristics of a Good Wholesale Valves & Fittings Company Business Plan
Your wholesale valves and fittings company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. But if it's done right, your wholesale valves and fittings business's plan should contain a handful of sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – Your description of your wholesale valves and fittings business's reason for existing.
- Goals & Objectives – A list of mile markers on your wholesale valves and fittings business's road to success.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Specific plans that describe your business environment, demographic targets and quantitative estimates.
Look Over Competitors
Well in advance of opening a wholesale valves and fittings business in your area, it's essential to determine what the competition looks like. Try our link below to get a list of local competitors in your city. Simply enter your city, state and zip code to get a list of wholesale valves and fittings businesses in your town.
Is the established competition doing a good job? It's important to understand their strengths and weaknesses and think through how you'll stake up against those established businesses.
Learn from Others Who Are Already In This Space
After you've evaluated your local competitors, it's a smart move to learn as much as you can from somebody who is already in the business. Local competitors are not going to give you the time of day, mind you. What's in it for them?
Fortunately, somebody who runs a wholesale valves and fittings business outside of your community will be much more likely to talk with you, once they realize that you are not going to directly compete with them in their community. Indeed, many experienced entrepreneurs enjoy offering advice to startup entrepreneurs. In my experience, you may have to call ten business owners in order to find one who is willing to share his wisdom with you.
How do you find a wholesale valves and fittings business founder in a different locale who can assist you?
Here's how we would do it. Try the useful link below and key in a random city/state or zipcode.
Three Arguments for Buying a Wholesale Valves & Fittings Business
At Gaebler, we think it makes a lot of sense to explore a wholesale valves and fittings business purchase before committing to a startup.
Due diligence and other business buying requirements are essential. But there are several reasons why buying a wholesale valves and fittings business may still be your best bet.
- Proven Profitability. If you're careful in your research, the wholesale valves and fittings business you buy will have a track record of profitability – a big plus since it may take months or even years for a startup to turn a profit.
- Established Operations & Processes. When you're shopping for a wholesale valves and fittings business, be sure to look for ones that have all of the necessary processes and systems to ensure seamless operations from your first day of ownership.
- Capital Acquisition. In general, it's easier to finance an existing business than it is to fund a startup. While a startup only exists on paper (initially), established businesses have the benefit of historical earnings statements and tangible assets.
Don't Rule Out Franchising
You should know that your odds of doing well in business zoom upwards if you go the franchising route and leverage their successful brand and track record.
Before you consider starting a wholesale valves and fittings business, it's worthwhile to investigate whether purchasing a franchise might simplify your entering the business.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
These additional resources regarding starting a business may be of interest to you.
If you currently own a wholesale valves and fittings business, these resources will come in handy:
If you sell to wholesale valves and fittings businesses, you're in the wrong place. Try these resources instead:
If you are interested in starting a different kind of business, please browse our directory of guides below.