Our Contributing Authors
Rodney Miller is an experienced entrepreneur who likes to write about entrepreneurship. He has started numerous businesses, including a tanning salon and a landscaping company. Rodney is currently studying business management at Park University.
Articles written by Rodney Miller
Rodney's articles focus on giving practical advice to would-be entrepreneurs and current business owners. Much of the knowledge he conveys in his articles comes directly from his own entrepreneurial experiences.
- Advice About Small Business Networking - We discuss the importance of creating a business network, and the differences in social networking and business networking.
- Good Resources for Starting a Business - When opening your new business, there are many different resources that can help. We discuss several good sources for help when starting a company.
- Implementing a New Product - Launching a new product? This article discusses some of the difficulties of implementing a new product, as well as how to make it a more successful process.
- Obtaining Funding - Friends and Family - When deciding to start a company it is important to have enough funding to become operational and to get through the slow times. This article discusses the benefits and disadvantages to using friends and family.
- Obtaining Funding - Getting Venture Capital - Need money to start a company? This article discusses the benefits and disadvantages to meeting with venture capitalists.
- Obtaining Funding - How to Borrow Money - Starting a company? You'll probably need to raise money to start your business. This article discusses the benefits and disadvantages to using traditional borrowing.
- Obtaining Funding - How to Decide How Much to Raise - How much money do I need to start a business? This article discusses what amount of capital you will need and how to estimate it.
- Reducing Overhead - Is your business overhead too high? We look at how you can decide whether or not you need to reduce overhead and some creative ways to do so.
- Shopping for Business Bargains - This article discusses getting what you pay for when you incur business expenses. We examine when you should shop for bargains and when it instead makes sense to spend the extra money for the quality products.
- Spending Business Capital - It is important to consider when and where to spend your capital. This is discussed as well as some suggestions on when and where you will need to spend.
- The Soft Opening - Before you start planning a grand opening, read this article. We discuss the benefits of setting up a soft opening as part of your efforts towards planning for a grand opening.
- Writing a Business Plan (Part 1 of 4) - Before starting a company, make sure you have a solid business plan. This article discusses some things to include in your research and where to find it.
- Writing a Business Plan (Part 2 of 4) - Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster. This article discusses the importance of tailoring your presentations of your plan to fit each audience and why that is important.
- Writing a Business Plan (Part 3 of 4) - When deciding to start a company it is important to have a formal plan. This article discusses the importance of making the decision on moving forward with your plan, taking feedback and adjusting the plan, or possibly just cancelling it.
- Writing a Business Plan (Part 4 of 4) - When starting a company it is important to have a formal business plan. This article discusses the importance of finalizing that plan and implementing the steps you have decided to take.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs