Opening a Business
Starting a Brushes & Brooms Retail Business
These tips are written for those who hope to start a brushes and brooms retail business. Read this article before you begin your venture.
Thinking about opening a brushes and brooms retail business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
Characteristics of a Good Brushes & Brooms Retail Company Business Plan
Your brushes and brooms retail company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – Your description of your brushes and brooms retail business's reason for existing.
- Goals & Objectives – Goals are broad targets; objectives are the tactics you'll use to reach your goals.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – More detailed descriptions of how you will carry out your mission and achieve your brushes and brooms retail business's goals.
Don't Ignore the Competition
Well in advance of opening a brushes and brooms retail business in your town, it's worthwhile to find out how you will fit in the competitive landscape. Try our link below to generate a list of competitors near you. Simply enter your city, state and zip code to get a list of brushes and brooms retail businesses in your town.
Prior to opening your doors for business, be sure you fully understand the competitive landscape and where your new business will fit in.
Turning Competitors Into Collaborators
As part of your due diligence on opening a brushes and brooms retail business, it's a smart move to learn as much as you can from somebody who is already in the business. If you think your local competitors will give you advice, you're being overoptimistic. Why would they want to educate a future competitor?
Thankfully, an owner of a a brushes and brooms retail business in another town will be much more likely to talk with you, as long as they don't view you as a competitive threat. Indeed, many experienced entrepreneurs enjoy offering advice to startup entrepreneurs. Our estimate is that you may have to contact many business owners to find one who is willing to share his wisdom with you.
How do you find a brushes and brooms retail business entrepreneur in a different locale who can assist you?
No problem! Just use the link below and try a random city/state or zipcode. Then start dialing for advice until you are successful.
Three Arguments for Buying a Brushes & Brooms Retail Business
It's almost always preferable to buy a brushes and brooms retail business than to pursue a brushes and brooms retail business startup.
You'll want to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process, but here are three arguments why you should think about buying instead of a startup.
- Proven Profitability. Startups struggle to bring in revenue right out of the gate while existing businesses usually have a steady stream of income.
- Established Operations & Processes. Existing businesses are established operations, with the necessary processes, people and other resources already in place.
- Capital Acquisition. Lenders, investors and other funding sources almost always prefer business purchases to startups.
If you want to minimize your chances of failing, you may want to look into buying a franchise rather than starting a business from scratch.
If you are thinking about opening a brushes and brooms retail business, a smart move is to check out whether franchise opportunities in your space might alleviate your startup process.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
Related Articles on Starting a Company
These additional resources regarding starting a business may be of interest to you.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs