California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Castro Valley, California
Contemplating starting a business in Castro Valley, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Castro Valley.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
An entrepreneurial life is hard work, much harder than working as an employee. Are you certain you want to go into business for yourself?
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Castro Valley. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- You should read Business Failure. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
Castro Valley, California Demographic Information
Castro Valley has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Castro Valley demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Castro Valley.
As a new Castro Valley entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Castro Valley for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Should You Franchise?
As you drive around Castro Valley, you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. Should you be giving franchising serious consideration?
Our recommendation is that you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Common Franchisee Mistakes. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can find franchise opportunities by browsing our Franchise Opportunities Directory.
Representative franchise opportunities include Wetzel's Pretzels and Modernistic Cleaning Services. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Dollar Store Franchises and Dry Cleaning & Laundry Franchises.
Note on Castro Valley Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Castro Valley, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Should You Buy an Existing Castro Valley Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Castro Valley.
Before buying a business, be sure to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Getting the Word Out About Your New Company
Whether your goal is to attract Castro Valley customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
You can learn plenty about marketing on our site. Six Tips for Getting Customer Testimonials is an article that will generate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
The Art of Selling
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Castro Valley business, you need to focus on sales.
Why should customers buy from you instead of buying from competitors? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
As an entrepreneur in Castro Valley, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Castro Valley and throughout the United States . We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Castro Valley entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Castro Valley, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Castro Valley.
- Resources for Castro Valley, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Castro Valley entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs