California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Chino, California
Contemplating starting a business in Chino, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Chino.
Chino, California Demographic Information
Chino has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Chino demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Chino.
As a new Chino entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Chino for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
Visit the business district of Chino and you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. Would going with a franchise be a good idea for you?
Our recommendation is that you investigate buying a franchise. We have many articles on franchises, such as The Disadvantages of Franchise Ownership. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
A comprehensive list of franchisors is available via our List of Franchise Opportunities.
Sample franchise opportunities include Nextwave Computers and ABC Tutors In Home Tutoring. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Home Repair Franchises and Miscellaneous Franchises.
Note on Chino Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Chino.
Don't Forget to Create a Business Plan
Having a business plan is essential to the health of your new business. Indeed, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Not having a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
If you want more information on writing business plans, we recommend reading Business Plan Contests. A great resource for business planning assistance is the face-to-face free consulting available from your local SCORE chapter in California.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Getting your Chino business the capital it needs to succeed is not an easy task. Bootstrapping, which means growing the business without outside funding, is the best alternative, but that's not a viable option for many startup plans.
The good news is this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled SBIR Funding.
For Chino entrepreneurs with great ambition but a shortage of investment capital, you'll want to take a look at our List of California Angel Investors and our List of California Venture Capital Firms.
Marketing Your New Venture
To rise above the crowd in Chino and build your business, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Point-of-Sale Displays discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
The best business owners recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
As an entrepreneur who lives in Chino, California, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local California educational institutions. It's also beneficial to see if there are any Chino networking organizations.
Most new Chino businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Chino and elsewhere to achieve real success. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Chino, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Chino, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Chino.
- Resources for Chino, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Chino entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs