Texas Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Dumas, Texas
Are you starting a business in Dumas, Texas? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Dumas.
Are You Ready for Life as an Owner?
Being an entrepreneur is demanding, and can be orders of magnitude more strenuous than working as an employee. Are you certain you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
With so much at stake when you start a business, we strongly recommend you do the following before you proceed:
- Reach out to other entrepreneurs in Dumas. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- Peruse Why Small Businesses Fail. This is one of our more popular articles for folks who want to go into business for themselves.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
Dumas, Texas Demographic Information
Dumas has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Dumas demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Dumas.
As a new Dumas entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Dumas for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Buying an Existing Dumas Business a Good Strategy?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you can assess several good businesses for sale in Dumas.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Don't Skip the Business Plan
Having a business plan is critical in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, your business plan is your game plan for how you hope to grow your business. Failure to write a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
Marketing Your New Startup
Whether your goal is to attract Dumas customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
We have some great resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Facebook Advertising is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Advancing Your Entrepreneurial Skills
The best entrepreneurs recognize that they need to continually improve.
With your business being located in Dumas, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby Texas universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also beneficial to see if there are any networking organizations for Dumas entrepreneurs.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in Dumas, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Dumas and throughout the United States . We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Dumas, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Dumas.
- Resources for Dumas, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Dumas entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs