California Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in East Palo Alto, California
Are you starting a business in East Palo Alto, California? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in East Palo Alto.
Do You Have What It Takes?
Being an entrepreneur is difficult, much harder than working as an employee. Are you positive you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in East Palo Alto. Get their candid feedback on what it takes to start a successful business.
- We recommend reading Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Seek the advice of somebody who knows you well. A support network of family and friends can be a great sounding board for good advice before you decide for sure to go into business.
Is Franchising a Better Option?
As you drive around East Palo Alto, you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. But is franchising the right option for you?
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Common Franchisee Mistakes. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
A comprehensive list of franchisors is available via our List of Franchise Opportunities.
Representative franchise opportunities include Paul Davis Restoration and Geeks On Call. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Dollar Store Franchises and Dry Cleaning & Laundry Franchises.
Note on East Palo Alto Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in East Palo Alto, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Is Buying an Existing East Palo Alto Business a Good Strategy?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in East Palo Alto.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Buying a Business.
Startup Financing Basics
Getting your East Palo Alto business the capital it needs to succeed is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as Realistic Debt Financing Options.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract East Palo Alto customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a great marketing plan.
You can learn a ton about marketing on our site. When to Get a Toll Free Number is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
How to Improve Your Entrepreneurial Abilities
Good entrepreneurs know that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in East Palo Alto, California, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any networking organizations for East Palo Alto entrepreneurs.
Now It's Up To You
As an entrepreneur in East Palo Alto, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in East Palo Alto and throughout the United States . We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in East Palo Alto, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in East Palo Alto.
- Resources for East Palo Alto, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist East Palo Alto entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs