Texas Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Goldthwaite, Texas
Need help starting a business in Goldthwaite, Texas? We've got the information you need to open a business in Goldthwaite.
Goldthwaite, Texas Demographic Information
Goldthwaite has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Goldthwaite demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Goldthwaite.
As a new Goldthwaite entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Goldthwaite for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Naming the Company
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Pick a company name that isn't too generic. If you do a search engine search for your proposed name and a billion results come up, you may want to reconsider the name. It's much easier to come up in the search engines when your name is fairly unique.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Branding Advice.
On a final note, given that you are planning on starting a business in Goldthwaite, it's very important that you make sure no other Texas company is using the business name you want to use.
The Role of the Business Plan
Having a business plan is essential to the health of your new business. Simply put, your business plan is your game plan for how you hope to grow your business. Starting a business without a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
If you want more information on writing business plans, we recommend reading Business Plan Contests. You can also get free business counselors available to you through your local SCORE chapter in Texas.
Raising Money for Your Startup
Getting your Goldthwaite business the capital it needs to succeed is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. To obtain business financing, you will need to hear a lot of rejections before you finally find a funding solution that works for you.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Investor Turnoffs.
Marketing Your New Startup
To grow your Goldthwaite business, you need a solid marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Dealing with Angry Customers is a good read to get your marketing ideas flowing. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Building Up Your Sales
Being able to sell is a key enabler to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Goldthwaite or are selling to customers throughout Texas, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. The good news is we can help you to make selling a big competitve advantage for your new firm.
Advancing Your Entrepreneurial Skills
Good entrepreneurs recognize that they don't know everything.
With your business being located in Goldthwaite, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby Texas universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any networking organizations for Goldthwaite entrepreneurs.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Goldthwaite. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Goldthwaite businesses to be successful. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Goldthwaite entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Goldthwaite, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Goldthwaite.
- Resources for Goldthwaite, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Goldthwaite entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs