California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Hollywood, California
Contemplating starting a business in Hollywood, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Hollywood.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
Visit the business district of Hollywood and you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. But is franchising the right option for you?
We advise the entrepreneurs we work with to look into purchasing a franchise. To help you learn more about franchising, we've gathered a ton of articles on franchising, including Staffing a Franchise. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Hollywood Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Hollywood, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Hollywood Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Hollywood.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Selecting a Name For Your Venture
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
Company names should be fun to say, and they should help people to understand what you do and how you differentiate yourself in the market.
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Naming a Company.
As a final piece of advice, remember that because you are opening a business in Hollywood, it's imperative that you check now that no other California company is using the business name you want to use.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Getting your Hollywood business the capital it needs to succeed is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as Borrowing Money from Friends and Family.
Advancing Your Entrepreneurial Skills
Successful entrepreneurs know that they need to continually improve.
As an entrepreneur who lives in Hollywood, California, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby California universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also smart to see if there are any networking organizations for Hollywood entrepreneurs.
Most new Hollywood businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Hollywood and elsewhere to achieve real success. We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Hollywood entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Hollywood, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Hollywood.
- Resources for Hollywood, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Hollywood entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs