Oklahoma Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Jenks, Oklahoma
Are you starting a business in Jenks, Oklahoma? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Jenks.
Is Becoming an Entrepreneur Right for You?
Before quitting your day job, consider your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
With so much at stake when you start a business, we strongly recommend you do the following before you proceed:
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Jenks. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Seek the advice of somebody who knows you well. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Jenks, Oklahoma Demographic Information
Jenks has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Jenks demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Jenks.
As a new Jenks entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Jenks for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Jenks Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in Oklahoma. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Jenks.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Buying a Business.
Promoting Your New Startup
Whether your goal is to attract Jenks customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a solid marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Branding Advice is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Jenks or are selling to customers throughout Oklahoma, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Advancing Your Entrepreneurial Skills
Good entrepreneurs recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
With your business being located in Jenks, Oklahoma, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby Oklahoma universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also beneficial to see if there are any Jenks networking organizations.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Jenks. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Jenks businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Jenks, Oklahoma
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Jenks.
- Resources for Jenks, Oklahoma Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Jenks entrepreneurs.
- Oklahoma Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Small Business Development Center - Whether you are in business or thinking about it, the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center staff can assist you. Their goal is to help Oklahoma entrepreneurs like you be more successful.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Oklahoma
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs