Texas Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in La Feria, Texas
Contemplating starting a business in La Feria, Texas? We walk you through the process of opening a business in La Feria.
Is Becoming a Business Owner Right for You?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, assess your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Reach out to other entrepreneurs in La Feria. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- Peruse Why Small Businesses Fail. This is one of our more popular articles for folks who want to go into business for themselves.
- Get feedback from somebody whom you trust. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
La Feria, Texas Demographic Information
La Feria has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for La Feria demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in La Feria.
As a new La Feria entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in La Feria for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing La Feria Business?
We've created a helpful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you can assess several good businesses for sale in La Feria.
If you are headed down the path of buying a business, you may want to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Forming a Company in La Feria, Texas
It's essential that you choose the right legal structure for your new entity. The main advantage of forming your new business as a legal entity is that it separates your business liabilities from your personal liabilities.
The entity you form can be a traditional C-corporation, a Limited Liability Company (LLC), or an S-corporation.
Incorporating is a very popular way to form a business. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. If you are starting a business in Texas, it doesn't mean you are required to incorporate in Texas. In fact, you can incorporate in the state of your choosing. However, if you do incorporate in another state, you'll have to register as a foreign corporation in your home state.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Subchapter S Corporations. You should also consider getting professional assistance from your business lawyer. Finally, if you are starting a business in La Feria, Texas, our information on Incorporating in Texas may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Texas.
Raising Capital for Your Startup
Finding the funds to fuel the growth of your La Feria business requires strong organization skills and perseverance. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Bank Credit Lines.
Marketing Your New Startup
Whether your goal is to attract La Feria customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
You can learn plenty about marketing on our site. Media Kits is a good read to get your marketing creativity flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
You have a dream -- starting a business in La Feria. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help La Feria businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in La Feria, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in La Feria.
- Resources for La Feria, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist La Feria entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs