Texas Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Llano, Texas
Thinking about starting a business in Llano, Texas? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Llano.
Are You Ready for Entrepreneurship?
Before quitting your day job, consider your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Before you move forward with starting a business, be sure to do these three things:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Llano. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- You should read Business Failure. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
What Type of Business Should You Start?
An important decision is what kind of business you want to start. We recommend that you read Free Business Ideas.
For in-depth how-to guides on how to start specific businesses, browse our Good Businesses to Start section of our site. For example, you might be interested in our Opening a Personal Watercraft Sales & Rental Business guide or our Opening a Smoking & Curing Services Business guide.
Remember that you are opening your new business in Llano. If Llano already has plenty of the kind of business you want to start, you might want to change your plans. Don't forget to review Llano demographics to see if there's a market for what you want to sell.
Llano, Texas Demographic Information
Llano has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Llano demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Llano.
As a new Llano entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Llano for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Llano Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you might discover several good businesses for sale in Llano.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: How to Buy a Business.
Choosing a Company Name
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Branding Advice.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are opening a business in Llano, it's very important that you make sure your company name has not already been claimed by another Texas business.
Don't Forget to Create a Business Plan
A business plan is vital in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Failure to write a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Raising money to fund your new Llano business is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. The reality is that there is very little funding available for new small businesses, and you have to explore every possible alternative.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as SBIR Funding.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Llano. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Llano and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Llano, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Llano.
- Resources for Llano, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Llano entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs