Texas Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Marshall, Texas
Contemplating starting a business in Marshall, Texas? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Marshall.
Marshall, Texas Demographic Information
Marshall has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Marshall demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Marshall.
As a new Marshall entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Marshall for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
Browse the Yellow Pages for Marshall and you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. Should you be giving franchising serious consideration?
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Credit and Franchise Purchasing. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Marshall Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Marshall.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Marshall Business?
We've created a useful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Texas. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Marshall.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Buying a Business.
Selecting a Name For Your Venture
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Company names need to be easy to spell, easy to pronounce, and easy to remember.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Branding Advice.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are starting a business in Marshall, it's very important that you make sure no other Texas company is using the business name you want to use.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
Writing a business plan is vital in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Indeed, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Not having a business plan will greatly reduce your chances of business success.
The Art of Selling
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Marshall or are selling to customers throughout Texas, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Not knowing how to sell can result in lost customers and minimal market share. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Improving Your Entrepreneurial Skillset
Good entrepreneurs know that they don't know everything.
Given that you are starting a business in Marshall, Texas, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local Texas educational institutions. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any Marshall networking organizations.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Marshall. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
We are here to help Marshall businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Marshall, Texas
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Marshall.
- Resources for Marshall, Texas Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Marshall entrepreneurs.
- Texas Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Texas.
- Houston, Texas Small Business Development Center - Serving 32 counties in Southeast Texas through 14 business consulting and training centers, the Small Business Development Center Network contributes to the growth and prosperity of the Texas Gulf Coast communities.
- North Texas Small Business Development Center - The NTSBDC Network promotes small business success by providing management education.
- Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center - The Northwest Texas Small Business Development Center was established with Texas Tech University in 1986. This regional program serves over ninety thousand square miles including ninety-five counties with a population base of approximately 1.8 million people. This region is serviced by six centers located in Lubbock, Amarillo, Midland/Odessa, Abilene, Stephenville, and Wichita Falls.
- South-West Texas Border SBDC Network Texas Small Business Development Center - The South-West Texas Border Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides consulting and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Texas
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs