Wisconsin Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Platteville, Wisconsin
Are you starting a business in Platteville, Wisconsin? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Platteville.
Will You Be a Successful Entrepreneur?
Being an entrepreneur is demanding, much harder than working as an employee. Are you sure you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Platteville. They are usually very willing to share their insights on the ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. Others sometimes know you better than you know yourself.
Platteville, Wisconsin Demographic Information
Platteville has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Platteville demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Platteville.
As a new Platteville entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Platteville for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is Buying an Existing Platteville Business a Good Strategy?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in Wisconsin. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Platteville.
Before buying a business, be sure to read this article: Buying a Business.
Don't Forget to Create a Business Plan
Creating a business plan is vital to the health of your new business. Simply put, your business plan is your game plan for how you hope to grow your business. Not having a business plan
Raising Money for Your Venture
Getting your Platteville business the capital it needs to succeed is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled Bank Credit Lines.
Marketing Your New Venture
To grow your Platteville business, you need a great marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Telemarketing Service Costs is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Improving Your Entrepreneurial Skillset
Successful entrepreneurs recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
With your business being located in Platteville, Wisconsin, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local Wisconsin educational institutions. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any networking groups or organizations in which Platteville entrepreneurs get together to network and trade their business experiences.
As an entrepreneur in Platteville, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Platteville and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Platteville, Wisconsin
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Platteville.
- Resources for Platteville, Wisconsin Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Platteville entrepreneurs.
- Wisconsin Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center - Wisconsin Small Business Development Centers offer a variety of educational services to small-businesses. The low-cost courses, seminars, and workshops cover both basic and complex topics, from marketing to management techniques to business plan development.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Wisconsin
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs