Maine Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Presque Isle, Maine
Thinking about starting a business in Presque Isle, Maine? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Presque Isle.
Is Becoming an Entrepreneur Right for You?
An entrepreneurial life is hard work, much harder than working as an employee. Are you sure you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
With so much at stake when you start a business, we strongly recommend you do the following before you proceed:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Presque Isle. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- You should read Starting a Company. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Talk it over with a close friend or partner. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Presque Isle, Maine Demographic Information
Presque Isle has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Presque Isle demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Presque Isle.
As a new Presque Isle entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Presque Isle for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
Browse the Yellow Pages for Presque Isle and you'll see that franchises make up a large percentage of local businesses. Should you be giving franchising serious consideration?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Multi-Unit Franchising. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Presque Isle Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Presque Isle.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Presque Isle Business?
If you have some capital to play with, you may want to Buy a Business in Maine. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Presque Isle.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Raising money to fund your new Presque Isle business will be harder than you might expect. If you don't have a rich uncle to fund you, you'll need to be creative in how you approach your fundraising efforts.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as 504 Loans.
Bring in Revenues
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Presque Isle business, you need to focus on sales.
So what does it take to bring in more prospects and close more business? The good news is we can help you to make selling a big competitve advantage for your new firm.
As an entrepreneur in Presque Isle, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
We are here to help Presque Isle businesses to be successful. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Presque Isle, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Presque Isle, Maine
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Presque Isle.
- Resources for Presque Isle, Maine Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Presque Isle entrepreneurs.
- Maine Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Maine.
- Maine Small Business Development Center - Maine Small Business Development Centers and its technology-focused group, the Maine Small Business & Technology Development Centers, provide comprehensive business management assistance, training, resource and information services to Maine's entrepreneurs and small business owners.
More Startup Articles for Maine Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs