Minnesota Business Startup Guides
Start a Business in Woodbury, Minnesota
Are you starting a business in Woodbury, Minnesota? This article discusses the most important things to consider when opening a business in Woodbury.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
An entrepreneurial life is hard work, much harder than working as an employee. Are you certain you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Grab a meal or cofee with other entrepreneurs in Woodbury. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- Take a look at Business Failure. It's a short article but it's a good reality check for those are about to jump into the world of entrepreneurship.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
Have You Considered Franchising?
As you drive around Woodbury, it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. Is it perhaps smarter to franchise a business instead of doing it from scratch.
We highly recommend you consider franchising as an option. This site has dozens of articles on franchising, such as Staffing a Franchise. Become a franchising expert of sorts by reading more of our Articles on Franchising.
You can review hundreds of franchise opportunities by browing our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Kilwin's Chocolates and Ice Cream Franchise, Inc. and LaRosa's Inc.. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Baby Franchises and Bath Remodeling Franchises.
Note on Woodbury Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Woodbury.
Marketing Your New Venture
To rise above the crowd in Woodbury and build your business, you need a great marketing plan.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Radio Ads is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Ramping Up Sales
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Woodbury business, you need to focus on sales.
Good selling involves demonstrating that your wares meet your customer's needs. Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Improving Your Entrepreneurial Skillset
Good business owners know that they need to continually improve.
Given that you are starting a business in Woodbury, Minnesota, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local Minnesota educational institutions. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any Woodbury networking organizations.
As an entrepreneur in Woodbury, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Woodbury and throughout the United States . We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Woodbury, Minnesota
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Woodbury.
- Resources for Woodbury, Minnesota Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Woodbury entrepreneurs.
- Minnesota Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Small Business Development Center - The Minnesota Small Business Development Centers provide no-cost, professional business consulting to Minnesota small businesses covering a variety of business needs.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Minnesota
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs