Property management is a popular industry with entrepreneurs and small business startup owners.
In some cases, property managers own the properties they manage directly, while in others the property managers oversee rentals on behalf an owner who is removed from day-to-day management functions.
Either way, property managers need tools and technologies to help them meet the rigorous demands of managing multiple properties. Although property management software solutions have sprung up to meet this need, many simply aren't capable of keeping up with professional property management companies.
Tenant File is not one of them. Unlike other solutions, Tenant File is a full-featured, professional property management application that goes out of its way to manage the money coming into and out of your property management business. If you are a property manager, here are some of the things to look for in this popular management solution.
- Multiple property types. Managers who oversee multiple types of properties appreciate the Tenant File application because it has been designed to function effectively for several property types including single family, multifamily, apartments, condos and more.
- Accounting ledgers. Tenant File maintains four distinct accounting ledgers: By Owner, by Property, by Unit and by Tenant ledgers, giving you a flexible and accurate accounting process.
- Automatic posting. Any accounting code that resides in the system can be automatically posted to any Tenant File ledger. Users employ the automatic posting feature for a range of purposes that include posting rents, management fees, late fees, owner payments and fixed amounts.
- Unlimited vendor payments. Vendor management is easy with Tenant File. You can maintain detailed records for an unlimited number of vendors and even batch print checks for selected vendors in your database.
- Property feature tracking. Every property you manage is a unique asset that needs to be documented. The property tracking feature maintains detailed records about each property's interior, exterior, appliances and general characteristics.
- Point-and-click reporting. You can choose to print, email or generate a report with a single mouse click. Reports are customizable so you can define your own specifications for every report you create.
- Reminders. Tenant File's reminder system keeps you on top of the game with notifications for "to do" lists or important property management events.