Opening a Business
Starting a Bedding Retail Business
Starting a bedding retail business? We cover the most important things you need to think about before starting a bedding retail business.
Thinking about opening a bedding retail business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
Characteristics of a Good Bedding Retail Company Business Plan
Your bedding retail company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – A foundational statement of your company's direction and strategy.
- Goals & Objectives – Goals are broad targets; objectives are the tactics you'll use to reach your goals.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Specific plans that describe your business environment, demographic targets and quantitative estimates.
Prior to launching a bedding retail business in your town, it's a good idea to see how strong the competition is. Use the link below to get a list of local competitors nearby. After clicking on the link, type in your city, state and zip code to get a list of bedding retail businesses near you.
If there's too much competition, it may be wise to consider starting the business in a less competitive marketplace.
Finding a Non-Competitive Business Mentor
If you want to open a bedding retail business the next step is to talk to somebody who is already in the business. If you think your local competitors will give you advice, you're being overoptimistic. Why would they want to educate a future competitor?
However, an entrepreneur who owns a bedding retail business in a location that is not competitive to you can be a great learning resource for you, provided that you won't be directly competing with them. In fact, they are often very willing to share startup advice with you. In my experience, you may have to call ten business owners in order to find one who is willing to share his wisdom with you.
How do you go about finding an entrepreneur who is running a bedding retail business in another community?
Here's one way to do it. Just use our link below, find somebody and call them.
Top Three Reasons to Buy an Established Bedding Retail Business
At Gaebler, we think it makes a lot of sense to explore a bedding retail business purchase before committing to a startup.
You'll want to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process, but here are three arguments why you should think about buying instead of a startup.
- Initial Revenue. If you're careful in your research, the bedding retail business you buy will have a track record of profitability – a big plus since it may take months or even years for a startup to turn a profit.
- Established Operations & Processes. When you're shopping for a bedding retail business, be sure to look for ones that have all of the necessary processes and systems to ensure seamless operations from your first day of ownership.
- Capital Acquisition. With several years of operations under its belt, a purchased company is much more appealing to lenders and investors interested in avoiding the risk of an unproven startup.
Franchising May Be a Better Way to Go
The odds of achieving your primary goal of doing well in business zoom upwards if you purchase a franchise and leverage their successful brand and track record.
As part of your process in starting a bedding retail business, you should assess whether buying a franchise could be the right move for you.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
Related Articles on Starting a Company
These additional resources regarding getting started as an entrepreneur may be of interest to you.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs