California Business Startup Guides
Starting a Business in Beverly Hills, California
Thinking about starting a business in Beverly Hills, California? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Beverly Hills.
Beverly Hills, California Demographic Information
Beverly Hills has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Beverly Hills demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Beverly Hills.
As a new Beverly Hills entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Beverly Hills for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
Visit the business district of Beverly Hills and you'll notice that many local entrepreneurs have gone the franchising route. Evidently, there must be some significant advantages to purchasing a franchise.
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. On our site, you can read many articles about franchising, such as How to Get More Franchisees. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
You can find franchise opportunities by browsing our Franchise Opportunities Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Bounce Party Entertainment Center and Honey Dew Donuts. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Car Wash Franchises and Healthy Alternative Foods Franchises.
Note on Beverly Hills Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Beverly Hills.
Should You Buy an Existing Beverly Hills Business?
We've created a helpful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Beverly Hills.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Buying a Business.
Picking a Company Name
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Target, Microsoft and Intuit all have strong company names that are easy to remember and have become well-loved brands. Wouldn't it be nice if your new company name got on a similar track?
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Naming a Business.
As a final piece of advice, remember that because you are starting a business in Beverly Hills, it's very important that you make sure no California company has already registered the company name you have selected.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
Having a business plan is vital in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Starting a business without a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
Promoting Your New Business
Whether your goal is to attract Beverly Hills customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, you need a solid marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Advertising on Google is a good read to get your marketing ideas flowing. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Never Give Up
You have a dream -- starting a business in Beverly Hills. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Beverly Hills and throughout the United States . We want to be there for you to answer your business questions, whether you are a new Beverly Hills entrepreneur who is just getting started or you are already up and running with your new venture.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Beverly Hills, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Beverly Hills.
- Resources for Beverly Hills, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Beverly Hills entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs