Oregon Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Dallas, Oregon
Need help starting a business in Dallas, Oregon? We've got the information you need to open a business in Dallas.
Is Becoming an Entrepreneur Right for You?
Before quitting your day job, take inventory of your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
While entrepreneurship has become a popular career choice, we recommend you do the following before you take the plunge:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Dallas. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- You should read Business Failure. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Dallas, Oregon Demographic Information
Dallas has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Dallas demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Dallas.
As a new Dallas entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Dallas for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Dallas Business?
We've created a helpful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in Oregon. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Dallas.
For anybody who wants to buy a business, we recommend reading this useful article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Don't Forget to Create a Business Plan
Having a business plan is essential to the health of your new business. Indeed, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Not having a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Getting your Dallas business the capital it needs to succeed is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as 504 Loans.
Marketing Your New Venture
Whether your goal is to attract Dallas customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your doing well.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Seven Marketing Ideas for Your Small Business is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Dallas. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Dallas and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Dallas, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Dallas, Oregon
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Dallas.
- Resources for Dallas, Oregon Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Dallas entrepreneurs.
- Oregon Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Oregon.
- Oregon Small Business Development Center - Oregon Small Business Development Centers use a client-centered approach to deliver counseling, training, information and technical assistance in all aspects of small business management. There is no fee for their assistance.
More Startup Articles for Oregon Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs