Florida Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Davie, Florida
Contemplating starting a business in Davie, Florida? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Davie.
Are You Ready for the Challenges of Being an Entrepreneur?
An entrepreneurial life is demanding, much harder than working as an employee. Are you sure you want to start a business?
With so much at stake when you start a business, we strongly recommend you do the following before you proceed:
- Reach out to other entrepreneurs in Davie. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- Peruse Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. This is one of our more popular articles for folks who want to go into business for themselves.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
Forming a Company in Davie, Florida
It's very important that your business is formed as a legal entity that is separate from its owners. Doing so will shield you from personal liability for business debts and obligations.
The entity you form can be a corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership or other structure.
Incorporating is a very common way to legally create a business entity. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. If you are starting a business in Florida, it doesn't mean you are required to incorporate in Florida. In fact, you can incorporate wherever you want. For example, it's very popular to incorporate in Delaware, and incorporating in Nevada has become very trendy as well. Don't forget, though, that you will have to register as a foreign entity in all states that you do business in.
There are many nuances to forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as How to Incorporate. You may also want to seek the advice of an lawyer. Finally, if you are starting a business in Davie, Florida, our information on Incorporating in Florida may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in Florida.
Marketing Your New Venture
To grow your Davie business, you'll need to have a good marketing plan.
You can learn quite a bit about marketing on our site. Search Engine Promotion is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just one of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Building Up Your Sales
Do you know how to sell? In order to attract customers to your new Davie business, you need to focus on sales.
So what does it take to bring in more prospects and close more business? The good news is we can help you to make selling a big competitve advantage for your new firm.
Increase Your Entrepreneurial Knowledge
Successful entrepreneurs recognize that they don't know everything.
Given that you are starting a business in Davie, Florida, you will want to take advantage of the many programs available at nearby Florida universities, colleges and community colleges. It's also worthwhile to see if there are any Davie networking organizations.
Some Interesting Davie Entrepreneurs
Enjoy these interviews we've had with Davie entrepreneurs.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in Davie, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
We are here to help Davie businesses to be successful. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Davie, Florida
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Davie.
- Resources for Davie, Florida Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Davie entrepreneurs.
- Florida Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Florida.
- Florida Small Business Development Center - The Florida Small Business Development Center Network (FSBDCN) is a statewide economic development partnership between higher education and other stakeholder organizations dedicated to providing entrepreneurs and established businesses with the assistance needed to start, grow and succeed, contributing to the Florida economy.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Florida
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs