California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Fillmore, California
Need help starting a business in Fillmore, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Fillmore.
Fillmore, California Demographic Information
Fillmore has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Fillmore demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Fillmore.
As a new Fillmore entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Fillmore for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Franchising?
Visit the business district of Fillmore and you may be surprised to see how many franchises there are in the area. Should you be giving franchising serious consideration?
Most business experts recommend that you consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Evaluating Franchise Opportunities. Gain a solid understanding of franchising by scanning all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Sample franchise opportunities include Better Homes Realty Inc. and ComputerTots/Computer Explorers. Alternatively, you can browse franchise categories, such as Environmental Testing Franchises and IT Franchises.
Note on Fillmore Franchise Opportunities: You will need to contact franchisors directly to see if their franchises are available in Fillmore.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
Having a business plan is essential to the health of your new business. In effect, a business plan is a written description of the future you envision for your business. Starting a business without a business plan makes you more prone to becoming a business failure statistic.
To learn more about business plans, read Business Plan Contests. A great resource for business planning assistance is the free business counselors available to you through your local SCORE chapter in California.
Raising Money for Your New Venture
Getting your Fillmore business the capital it needs to succeed is very difficult due to the ongoing business credit crunch. To obtain business financing, you will need to hear a lot of rejections before you finally find a funding solution that works for you.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Realistic Debt Financing Options.
Marketing Your New Business
Whether your goal is to attract Fillmore customers or you plan on selling elsewhere, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Avoiding Bad Product Launches discusses marketing strategy and tactical marketing in a way that should get you thinking about how to creatively promote your business. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
Successful entrepreneurs recognize that what they know now may not be enough to ensure their future success.
As an entrepreneur who lives in Fillmore, California, you will want to take advantage of the learning programs at local California educational institutions. It's also smart to see if there are any networking organizations for Fillmore entrepreneurs.
Never Give Up
Most new Fillmore businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Fillmore and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Fillmore, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Fillmore, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Fillmore.
- Resources for Fillmore, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Fillmore entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs