California Business Startup Guides
Open a Business in Folsom, California
Need help starting a business in Folsom, California? We've got the information you need to open a business in Folsom.
Folsom, California Demographic Information
Folsom has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Folsom demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Folsom.
As a new Folsom entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Folsom for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Is a Franchise Opportunity Right For You?
As you drive around Folsom, it's apparent that franchising has become a very popular way to start a business. But is franchising the right option for you?
Our advice is to consider franchising as an option. We have many articles on franchises, such as Multi-Unit Franchising. Get a thorough education on franchising by browsing all of our Articles on Franchising.
To learn about specific franchise opportunities, check out our Franchise Directory.
Note on Folsom Franchise Opportunities: To find out if a franchise you are interested in is available in Folsom, you will need to get in direct contact with the franchisor.
Company Formation in Folsom, California
It's very important that you choose the right legal structure for your new entity. The principal advantage of forming your new business as a legal entity is that it separates your business liabilities from your personal liabilities.
When forming a company, you will decide among many company types, such as a corporation, LLC, sole proprietorship, partnership or other structure.
Incorporation is a very popular way to form a business. Of course, you have to decide which type of corporation to form and where to incorporate. Just because you are starting a business in California, it doesn't mean you are required to incorporate in California. In fact, you can incorporate wherever you want. For example, it's very popular to incorporate in Delaware, and incorporating in Nevada has become very trendy as well. Don't forget, though, that you will have to register as a foreign entity in all states that you do business in.
There's a lot to know about forming a company. We recommend you read some of the educational articles about company formation that are availabe on our site, such as Why Incorporate in Delaware. You should also consider getting professional assistance from your business lawyer. On a final note, since you will be starting a business in Folsom, California, our web page covering Incorporating in California may be a useful resource if you decide to incorporate in California.
Don't Forget to Create a Business Plan
A business plan is vital in laying a solid foundation for your business success. Simply put, your business plan is your game plan for how you hope to grow your business. Failure to write a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Marketing Your New Business
To rise above the crowd in Folsom and grow your business, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your beating the competition.
We have some excellent resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Business Cards is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. There are many more articles on marketing on our site. Visit our Small Business Marketing resource section to see them all.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
Successful business owners know that they don't know everything.
Given that you are starting a business in Folsom, California, you should investigate some of the learning programs at local California educational institutions. You should also check if there are any Folsom networking organizations.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in Folsom, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Folsom and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Folsom, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Folsom, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Folsom.
- Resources for Folsom, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Folsom entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Startup Articles for California Cities
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs