Oklahoma Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Healdton, Oklahoma
Contemplating starting a business in Healdton, Oklahoma? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Healdton.
Are You Sure You Want to Do This?
Most new ventures do not succeed, in part because the entrepreneur did not have the entrepreneurial skills and traits needed to succeed. So, before you start your business, consider all of the implications of being an entrepreneur.
To determine whether you have what it takes to run a business, we recommend these three steps to help you decide:
- Grab a meal or cofee with other entrepreneurs in Healdton. Ask them candidly what it's like to run a business.
- Take a look at Business Failure. It's a short article but it's a good reality check for those are about to jump into the world of entrepreneurship.
- Involve a spouse, family member or trusted friend in the decision. The people who know you best are often in the best position to tell you bluntly whether you will be a good entrepreneur.
Healdton, Oklahoma Demographic Information
Healdton has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Healdton demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Healdton.
As a new Healdton entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Healdton for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Choosing a Business Name
A good company name can give a big boost to a new startup. It might seem like an easy thing to do, but there are many things to consider when naming a business.
Company names should be fun to say, and they should help people to understand what you do and how you differentiate yourself in the market.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Naming a Company.
On a final note, given that you are opening a business in Healdton, it's imperative that you check now that your company name has not already been claimed by another Oklahoma business.
Make Sure You Have a Business Plan
A business plan is critical in laying a solid foundation for your business success. Simply put, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Starting a business without a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
If you want more information on writing business plans, we recommend reading Expert Advice on Business Plans. A great resource for business planning assistance is the free business counselors available to you through your local SCORE chapter in Oklahoma.
Raising Funding for Your Business
Raising money to fund your new Healdton business will be harder than you might expect. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
To learn about raising money, we recommend you read the fundraising articles on our site, such as Only Idiots Send Venture Capitalists Business Plans.
The Art of Selling
Mastering the art of selling is essential if you want your new Healdton business to do well.
Why should customers buy from you instead of buying from competitors? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
Most new Healdton businesses underestimate the number of challenges they will face.
From this point on, you control your own destiny.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Healdton and elsewhere to achieve real success. We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Healdton, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Healdton, Oklahoma
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Healdton.
- Resources for Healdton, Oklahoma Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Healdton entrepreneurs.
- Oklahoma Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Small Business Development Center - Whether you are in business or thinking about it, the Oklahoma Small Business Development Center staff can assist you. Their goal is to help Oklahoma entrepreneurs like you be more successful.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Oklahoma
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs