Colorado Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Longmont, Colorado
Contemplating starting a business in Longmont, Colorado? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Longmont.
Is Becoming a Business Owner Right for You?
Before announcing to the world that you are going to start your own business, assess your entrepreneurial instincts and capabilities.
Here are three things we recommend you do before you fully commit to starting a new business of your own.
- Talk to other entrepreneurs in Longmont. Get their take on what it's really like to be an entrepreneur.
- We recommend reading Should You Become an Entrepreneur?. For aspiring new entrepreneurs, it's a must read article.
- Have a candid conversation with friends and family. That's the best way to get a truly objective assessment as to whether others think you have what it takes.
Longmont, Colorado Demographic Information
Longmont has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Longmont demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Longmont.
As a new Longmont entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Longmont for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Do You Need a Business Plan?
A business plan is vital in laying a solid foundation for your business success. Indeed, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Failure to write a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Where to Get Money to Start a Company
Raising money to fund your new Longmont business will be harder than you might expect. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
Take advantage of our many articles on raising capital, such as 504 Loans.
The Art of Selling
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Longmont or are selling to customers throughout Colorado, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
So what does it take to bring in more prospects and close more business? Fortunately, we've got plenty of good advice to help you improve your selling skills.
Learning More About Entrepreneurship
The best business owners recognize that they don't know everything.
Given that you are starting a business in Longmont, Colorado, you should investigate some of the many programs available at nearby Colorado universities, colleges and community colleges. You should also check if there are any networking organizations for Longmont entrepreneurs.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Longmont. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
If you choose the right business and love what you do, you will greatly increase your odds of success.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Longmont and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Longmont, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Longmont, Colorado
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Longmont.
- Resources for Longmont, Colorado Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Longmont entrepreneurs.
- Colorado Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Colorado.
- Colorado Small Business Development Center - The Colorado Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Network is dedicated to helping small businesses throughout Colorado achieve their goals by providing free confidential counseling and various training programs.
Starting-a-Business Guides for Other Cities in Colorado
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs