California Business Startup Guides
Opening a Business in Mammoth Lakes, California
Contemplating starting a business in Mammoth Lakes, California? We walk you through the process of opening a business in Mammoth Lakes.
Mammoth Lakes, California Demographic Information
Mammoth Lakes has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Mammoth Lakes demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Mammoth Lakes.
As a new Mammoth Lakes entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Mammoth Lakes for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Mammoth Lakes Business?
We've created a helpful website page for those who want to Buy a Business in California. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Mammoth Lakes.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Buying a Business.
Choosing a Business Name
Making the right decision when choosing a company name is very important. There are many decisions you'll make now that you can change later, but changing a company name years down the road is not very easy. So, choose a good company name at the outset.
Pick a company name that isn't too generic. If you do a search engine search for your proposed name and a billion results come up, you may want to reconsider the name. It's much easier to come up in the search engines when your name is fairly unique.
For other considerations regarding naming a company, we recommend this article: Naming a Company.
On a final note, given that you are starting a business in Mammoth Lakes, it's very important that you make sure you will be the only California company using the business name you have chosen.
Don't Skip the Business Plan
A business plan is essential in maximizing the prospects of your new company. Simply put, a business plan describes what you plan to do with the business and how you plan to do it. Failure to write a business plan is a recipe for disaster.
Promoting Your New Company
To rise above the crowd in Mammoth Lakes and build your business, you need a solid marketing plan.
There are myriad resources on this site to help you with your marketing plan. Conducting Sweepstakes and Contests is a good read to get your marketing juices flowing. That's just a taste of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Bring in Revenues
Being able to sell is critical to your business success. Whether you are focused on selling local customers in Mammoth Lakes or are selling to customers throughout California, the United States or even the world, you have to be able to sell.
Why should customers buy from you instead of buying from competitors? Let us help you refine your selling techniques through our many useful sales advice tips.
You have a dream -- starting a business in Mammoth Lakes. To achieve your dream, you have to persevere, even when the odds are against you.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
This site is all about helping entrepreneurs in Mammoth Lakes and elsewhere to achieve real success. We have a wealth of experience in business start-ups, financing, marketing, sales and more...and we've made all of our knowledge available to you.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Mammoth Lakes, California
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Mammoth Lakes.
- Resources for Mammoth Lakes, California Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Mammoth Lakes entrepreneurs.
- California Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in California.
- Fresno, California Small Business Development Center - The UC Merced SBDC Regional Network assists Central California entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling, training and business information.
- Los Angeles, California Small Business Development Center - The Los Angeles Regional Small Business Development Center Network (LA SBDC Network) is part of the national, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) effort to provide free one-on-one customized consulting services and low-cost training workshops to growing businesses and start-up businesses.
- Sacramento, California Small Business Development Center - As Northern California continues to grow demographically and economically, the Northeastern California Small Business Development Center (NECSBDC) at CSU, Chico is committed to helping communities prepare and plan for future growth.
- San Diego, California Small Business Development Center - The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Southwestern College serves entrepreneurs and small businesses in San Diego and Imperial Counties. The SBDC provides no-cost business assistance to start-up & existing businesses.
- San Francisco, California Small Business Development Center - The Northern California Network of Small Business Development Centers helps individuals start, manage and grow their businesses.
- Orange County Small Business Development Center - The Orange County SBDC is a leader in providing consulting, training, and technical assistance to the small business community.
More Business Startup Guides for California
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs